Sunday 27 October 2013

Not just another boy band


【Spoiler alert】

If Psy tells you something is cruel and harsh, you better believe it. That's exactly what YG's WIN was. A survival program for two trainee teams. One winner, one debut. That's the worst and promised scenario, however I don't believe YG could not debut the other team as well. He wants the money and he wants the glory, and hell sure he'll achieve those things having such talented trainees.

I didn't follow the show, to be honest. I tried, but the first episode was so awkward and already heartbreaking I only watched the show after I had heard the results. I still managed to get my heart broken several times. It was exhausting just to watch the boys compose songs and practice dances in such little time, pulling allnighters after allnighters. It was fun too, though. All the trainees were so lovely and full-heartedly in it, they all had their dream and they put up fantastic performances.



To me, Team A appalled more. Let's say my heart is a bit less broken now that they won than it would had been if they had lost. Despite the hardships Team A had in the beginning, the amount of talent in this group is huge. They all have their own strong character already, their dance is strong, their rap, their vocals, their visuals are strong. And I think they have more artistic sense and are more versatile compared to Team B. Seungyoon is a pure genius. Seunghoon really gets the dancing part. Jinwoo is a cute little sweetheart. Minho's rap really captivates me. I could stare at Taehyun for years. They're a great and ready group.
Smile Again was a song I could imagine winning all-kills on music shows, I simply loved it. This team really deserved what they got. You could tell this was something they longed for a long time and they obviously put a hell of an amount of effort in becoming what they were in the end of the show.


I'm not saying Team B was no good. They were amazing. I can't believe their average age was  only 17. So amazing and so talented, my sweeties.
Even so, I feel it's better they didn't win. I feel like partly because of their young age the company propably wouldn't had given them so much freedom or chances to release their selfcomposed songs. They're also concentrating on only hiphop, which, yes, is YG's style and very trendy, but being capable of many styles is useful. Throughout the whole show their performances were good, but I felt like they weren't completely owning them, with the expection of Climax in the final, that was something.
In couple of years or so, Team B will be able to fully control the potential inside them and they'll be capable of great things. YG, I am ready to judge you so hard.



I loved both teams. I loved seeing them being such great friends over being rivals only. OT11, indeed. But in the end, in the final battle, you could easily tell which team had progressed more. Team B had performed strongly every time and did good this time as well. Team A looked like fucking superstars on that stage.

Now I'll just hope that Team B doesn't have to disband and that eventually they'll get to debut together as well. I hope Team A gets to release Smile Again and that the company will let the boys do more of their own songs. I'm very much looking forward to the debut and everything that follows. If YG's decision is not to change their name, I want to be called a trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment