Saturday 28 September 2013

You are the apple of my eye

~ Spoiler free movie review ! ~

A couple of days ago I was surfing on Youtube again, and I saw this video and it looked like it was from some really cute drama. After searching for a while, I found out it was a Taiwanese movie named (Those years,) You are the apple of my eye.


 It is about a lazy high school student Ko-Teng and his friends, who all have own kind of a crush on the class' honor student Shen Chia-yi. All this, well, evolves into one big lovely mess.

The movie instantly took my heart and put it into a jar and carried it away as it ended. I'm not going to spoil anything, just wanted to tell you that it was amazingly sweet and cute and heartbreaking story about friendship and love. Well, lots of nudity and sexuality jokes were included. But they were hilarious too.
 Sometimes the sidekick characters were very cliche. Also, the story was told very quickly and sometimes you wished for deeper connection between as well as the characters as the movie and the viewer. Still, all that is very common in Asian movies and if you usually like those you should absolutely watch this.

For me, it's sometimes very frustrating how slow Asians are with their relationships. Like honestly, go fuck her already. But at the same time it's great variation to all the western stuff we're used to. Also the ending differed from usual endings in this kind of movies. From that point of view it was genius, so funny and perfect. But damn, did I cry.

Do you have any other good movies to recommend? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment